IceWars *wink* Community
22.04.2018 00:57:36 *
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
News:

Übersicht   Hilfe Suche Profil Kalender Login Registrieren  
Seiten: [1]   Nach unten
  Drucken  
Autor Thema: University and computers.  (Gelesen 2029 mal)
Mefistole

« am: 15.06.2009 03:55:25 »

A little question, do buildings like the university and the planetary super computer increase research only of the laborities in the planet on which they are built or research in general?

If it was the first it would it be just a waste of resources to build them, since I can keep on building research labs on my main planet right?

Cheers  Saufen
lol

« am: 15.06.2009 04:21:23 »

they increase research on the planet they are built. and u need to build them to get further. Wink

º.o
Gray
Global Moderator

« am: 15.06.2009 08:52:05 »

University, planetary super computer and quantum computer only work for the planet they're built on. The interstellar library complex works for all planets at once. As lol already said - you need university, PSC (and later QC) for researches which are important or even vital to go on.

Moderationsrelevantes ist farblich gekennzeichnet. Der Rest ist persönliche Meinung.
Viel Wissenswertes gibt es in der Icewars-Doku
Fragen oder Kritik? Forenmitteilung an Gray
Für weitere Fragen: wa-na-ka per Forenmitteilung nerven
Mefistole

« am: 15.06.2009 20:26:06 »

Ok so if I already got them on my main planet, ther's no point in building them again in my colonies right?

Another thing, do you thing is better to process steel and vv4a on the planet where iron is mined or to send it back home?
lol

« am: 15.06.2009 20:46:36 »

depends, if u get research running on a colony aswell its prolly a good thing to build a university/supercomputer.

to the other question: u should mine where u get most and process it where u get less to be more efficient. however i would make a small baseproduction of steel and vv4a on every planet (where it is possible) to keep things running.

º.o
Gray
Global Moderator

« am: 15.06.2009 21:03:02 »

Depends. If you intend to build research buildings on more than one planet, go ahead (but first build enough research there to make them worth while). Playing solo I wouldn't recommend it, however. Especially since they're not exactly cheap.

On the steel/VV question - a certain amount should always be processed on-site if possible. Makes a planet more or less self-sufficient. If you need large amounts - send them there. However, if your colony has, say, 140% of iron it is much better digging for iron there than on your main planet. So, generally speaking, dig on the colony, transform on the main. Just don't forget that the main also has to supply colony centers, research buildings and shipyards which use up a lot of time.

Edit - ninja'd by lol. But at least my posting has better spelling Wink
« Letzte Änderung: 15.06.2009 21:04:34 von Gray » Gespeichert

Moderationsrelevantes ist farblich gekennzeichnet. Der Rest ist persönliche Meinung.
Viel Wissenswertes gibt es in der Icewars-Doku
Fragen oder Kritik? Forenmitteilung an Gray
Für weitere Fragen: wa-na-ka per Forenmitteilung nerven
Seiten: [1]   Nach oben
  Drucken  

Gehe zu: