IceWars *wink* Community
18.07.2018 10:55:49 *
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
News:

Übersicht   Hilfe Suche Profil Kalender Login Registrieren  
Seiten: [1]   Nach unten
  Drucken  
Autor Thema: Balancing the new round?  (Gelesen 4741 mal)
SpaceKnight

formerly SpaceKnight

« am: 03.08.2008 08:22:52 »

Hi everyone,

looks like (yes, it´s only an interpretation of ally-tags, so I could be wrong) there are two to three allys so far that are somewhat organized. Normally discussion this of topic would be Nathanael´s domain, but as he seems obsessed with godly ambition currently, I´ give it a try Wink

[STAR] already features 13 members - which makes almost a sixth (!) of the total of current players.

[EPIC] features 9 members which is quite a lot currently, also.

Then there are two other allys, [SFC-B] and my own, [SOLO], that feature 3 members. The other allys feature (currently) 2 members.

So I´d suggest (in case anyone reads here at all ^^) that - if we want the server to be dominated by only two alliances early on, that more of the others should merge into larger alliances ... at least we three [SOLO] would be willing to join an alliance (for my part as allrounder), depending on what you seek / offer.

Any other ideas / suggestions? In any case it´d be nice if we´d manage some kind of balancing from the start (as was the case in the first *.org-round ... at least during the first half), otherwise it´ll quickly get boring here, I fear.

Spacey

a. k. a. Rumpelstilzchen (GnomeWars)

Eender

« am: 07.09.2008 19:30:27 »

To attract more player in the game, use your icewars forum signature in other forum.
I have already promoted icewars at gameogre.com and I mentioned it in my blog as well.

Xeabder

Xeander

21627998 Xeander@msn.com
« am: 19.04.2009 15:27:46 »

Hi everyone,

looks like (yes, it´s only an interpretation of ally-tags, so I could be wrong) there are two to three allys so far that are somewhat organized. Normally discussion this of topic would be Nathanael´s domain, but as he seems obsessed with godly ambition currently, I´ give it a try Wink

[STAR] already features 13 members - which makes almost a sixth (!) of the total of current players.

[EPIC] features 9 members which is quite a lot currently, also.

Then there are two other allys, [SFC-B] and my own, [SOLO], that feature 3 members. The other allys feature (currently) 2 members.

So I´d suggest (in case anyone reads here at all ^^) that - if we want the server to be dominated by only two alliances early on, that more of the others should merge into larger alliances ... at least we three [SOLO] would be willing to join an alliance (for my part as allrounder), depending on what you seek / offer.

Any other ideas / suggestions? In any case it´d be nice if we´d manage some kind of balancing from the start (as was the case in the first *.org-round ... at least during the first half), otherwise it´ll quickly get boring here, I fear.

Spacey

I would suggest trying this and see what happens to game populations

Create 3 NPC alliances that auto accept members
and then setup NPC alliances to defend members on attacks
when attacker is more than 200% the size of target

also would need a maximum score for a player to be a member in a NPC alliance

sort of an Extended noobie mode

this would limit the size of attackers on newer players
and would most likely extend game duration and
increase player population over time

basically if a player has an incoming attack by a player over 200 % their size
and is a member of a NPC alliance (not player created)
the server would deploy a NPC fleet to help defend the lower rank player

of course how big it is and how it deployed etc is for the developers to work out

I would highly suggest this option be made a Donation to game based benefit and not just available to
free access accounts

Overall it would just delay the time when a player was a target to ALL players
allowing for later than universe startup joins to survive long enough to find friends allies and
a decent player created alliance to join

and should create a tad more revenues

[What I didn't say]
I did not say noobie protection should be extended
or that players just out of noobie and protected by NPC defences
can not be attacked by players less than 200 % their size
 {in this scenario the NPC defense fleet would not be deployed}

the important part to understand is :
Player defenses are not ENHANCED or EVER present
they are DEPLOYED by the server in response to an incoming attack by a player over 200 % of the target size

IF and ONLY IF the player being attacked is a
Donation giving account and a valid member of an NPC alliance by whatever
conditions are deemed the most appropriate

its a growth transition change to promote donations to game
and population growth

either a fixed TIME interval like Noobie Protection
or a maximum allowed score needs to set and limiting factor on NPC alliance membership

also could add a required TAX of production for Protection
like Iron/Steel/Chem/Ice/Water per DAY of protection

the actual Donation should be separate from all other types of donations
and should be made AFFORDABLE but not so cheap as to promote MULTI accounts
with added Protection benefits

somewhere between $4.00 USD and $9.95 USD per round per account should do the trick
players that elect to play FREE outta noobie protection would
not be protected from attacks by players larger than 200 % of their score

Remember this is just a suggestion
it is not a request to see who can be the rudest replier to this post
« Letzte Änderung: 19.04.2009 15:38:31 von Xeabder » Gespeichert
Faro

« am: 19.04.2009 23:04:22 »

nekromant!!!
anyways your idea belongs in the ideen thread... is there an english version?
moving on, a) how would u define the size/value of an account? HS points? amount of planets? buildings?  b) so ur basically saying that u wish for people with paying accounts should receive raid deffs? why should inexperienced players get such a huge advantage? c) "conditions are deemed the most appropriate" so HSINC has to look over every raid and see if the att is going to be successful or not?
i'd vote a clear  Dagegen (no) but wrong thread Wink

lol

« am: 19.04.2009 23:59:15 »

Zitat
c) "conditions are deemed the most appropriate" so HSINC has to look over every raid and see if the att is going to be successful or not?
imo this can be done by a script.

anyway im not a big fan of this idea. i agree that its hard for newcommers to join the game in middle of the round. its even more difficult, if they dont want to find friends fast to support them. however i prefer an improvement of the shelters and weakening the very new ships/defences in comparition to the very old defences/ships.
imo the player shouldnt get the (wrong) impression that he has to pay to get good.

º.o
Zeno

« am: 20.04.2009 02:38:09 »

Absolutely, the biggest problem is that a newbie is doomed if he joins after a few months (barring having a alliance to beef him up or def him). You can't even scratch a Zeus with reasonable PD until Plasmas, and that's about 3 months of research even from somebody who plays pretty competently. For many, it's more like 5 months. The result is that most people wanting to join have to wait for months, sometimes almost a year. I can't honestly recommend that friends join now.

Beefing up the early stuff vs. the late stuff would definitely help. Another approach is making the research discount for lagging players much larger. It should go up with the percentage of players who have researched an item, and probably with time as well. Technologies almost all the active players have had for months should be essentially free.

Extending the noob phase as the round progresses would help, although you'd probably need to allow some colonization under noob protection late in the round.
Xeabder

Xeander

21627998 Xeander@msn.com
« am: 28.04.2009 09:10:02 »

Absolutely, the biggest problem is that a newbie is doomed if he joins after a few months (barring having a alliance to beef him up or def him). You can't even scratch a Zeus with reasonable PD until Plasmas, and that's about 3 months of research even from somebody who plays pretty competently. For many, it's more like 5 months. The result is that most people wanting to join have to wait for months, sometimes almost a year. I can't honestly recommend that friends join now.

Beefing up the early stuff vs. the late stuff would definitely help. Another approach is making the research discount for lagging players much larger. It should go up with the percentage of players who have researched an item, and probably with time as well. Technologies almost all the active players have had for months should be essentially free.

Extending the noob phase as the round progresses would help, although you'd probably need to allow some colonization under noob protection late in the round.

Or quite simply put .. I leave noobie and have a score of about 12-14k and a player with a score of 130,000 decides to teach me not to join the game late.. but I have a donation benefit .. an NPC alliance and it provides with me defenses during the attacks

making me less likely to be attacked again unless by a player 24-28 k in size until I grow

Or as others put it

I have played for months and months and I want to be able to whack on the little guys because I can't fight people my own size or even 50% my size I need a 10-200 x size advantage to enjoy playing...
lol

« am: 28.04.2009 11:27:25 »

i already told u somewhere else: dont trust the highscore. the highscore doenst mean a lot. points =/= power.
and also the other approach, that players attack u coz they are evil or smth is mostly wrong. if someone attacks u he wants just one thing: ur ressources. and he doesnt care a lot about the rest.
so, if u make such a barrier defined by points it will just lead in some bigger alliances having low-raiders. players that dont build anything themselves but go farm with the ships of their ally. so any such barriers will never work, as they should.

º.o
kevin051081

« am: 02.05.2009 21:46:40 »

so is the new round going to start soon?  I refuse to play unless I can start at the same time as everyone else.  There is just to much of an disadvantage to start the round late.
lol

« am: 02.05.2009 22:55:35 »

i think it will take some time for a new round to start. mb in juni/juli? if there is a new .org round...

however, if u want u can start with the german version till then. there the new round starts in a week.

º.o
topdealer20

« am: 24.05.2009 00:39:07 »

maybee restart will be a bit later... the actual round startet on august 08

Zeno

« am: 24.05.2009 08:17:26 »

You might want to play anyway for practice. Interest in a round drops off towards the end (which is near) so you're unlikely to have too much trouble with being raided (an occasional raid is part of the game and not really a big deal). I certainly learned a lot in this round and will do better in the next.
EvilShade

Abrasax

« am: 25.05.2009 01:25:55 »

i hope it won't take too long until a reset, because this round isn't really worth playing anymore  Life Suckz

ehemalige Accounts: Runde3: [DWH]EvilShade, Runde4: [DWH]DarkZeratul, Runde5: [DWH]Archimonde, Runde6: [Clans]Executioner, Runde9: [DNA]Asmodeus
seedi

« am: 25.05.2009 08:28:34 »

Good Posting  Thats true! 

Runde 8           Seedbank                           Diverse             Allrounder Noob   
Runde 9           Sawan                                Meute               Fleeter   
Runde 10.1      Triff das Ziel                        Schilda             Fleeter   
Runde 11.74    The Temperance                  Tarot                Fleeter
Runde XII        Ringelpiet                            meutevsiss       Söldner
Runde 666       vy canis majoris                   RS                   Fleeter
Seiten: [1]   Nach oben
  Drucken  

Gehe zu: