IceWars *wink* Community
22.04.2018 00:57:16 *
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
News:

Übersicht   Hilfe Suche Profil Kalender Login Registrieren  
Seiten: [1]   Nach unten
  Drucken  
Autor Thema: How long is this gonna last?  (Gelesen 4616 mal)
Bursa

« am: 05.05.2008 21:19:07 »

well, what's there to say about the remaining time of this round?

i just finaly had an idea about spending the last 2 or 3 weeks, but wouldn't be wise to do now, if this is gonna last for further month or so

moep

Rezark

« am: 06.05.2008 00:37:37 »

Yes it would be nice to start all over again ... sides a penguin invasion would be cool Smile
SpaceKnight

formerly SpaceKnight

« am: 12.05.2008 00:56:03 »

Yes, I think some kind of statement from the administration on this topic would be VERY helpful ... player-number decrase constantly,
and I for my part am close to quitting, too, as there is nothing left to do without any competition ... and climbing the last few steps
on the highscore isn´t thrilling when it´s due to other players quitting ^^  Very Happy

a. k. a. Rumpelstilzchen (GnomeWars)

PoodlePumps

« am: 15.05.2008 02:48:19 »

Yes or as they say in Dune
Travelling without moving  Very Happy
Gray
Global Moderator

« am: 15.05.2008 09:11:58 »

Now, there is no warranty attached, but it could be about six weeks from now, give or take four weeks. Or, in other words, somewhen in June or July.

Moderationsrelevantes ist farblich gekennzeichnet. Der Rest ist persönliche Meinung.
Viel Wissenswertes gibt es in der Icewars-Doku
Fragen oder Kritik? Forenmitteilung an Gray
Für weitere Fragen: wa-na-ka per Forenmitteilung nerven
SpaceKnight

formerly SpaceKnight

« am: 21.05.2008 02:02:59 »

Will there be some kind of "Hall of Fame" in the Wiki for this first round?

The main question behind this is ... is there any sense in playing further as
a reset is beeing seriously considered for the next weeks to months?

Gray
Global Moderator

« am: 21.05.2008 08:56:44 »

Why not? In my first round (I started about 3 months before reset) I chose democracy just to see as much of the techtree as possible in the remaining time. Tried to get my first Kronk before reset hit and failed by just a few minutes. Consider it training time (without having much to lose) for your next round where you can start from the beginning.

Moderationsrelevantes ist farblich gekennzeichnet. Der Rest ist persönliche Meinung.
SpaceKnight

formerly SpaceKnight

« am: 16.06.2008 12:37:50 »

This is true for beginners - but those players already playing there are getting bored and leave the game ... just look at the
decreasing numbers in the highscore. Currently there are close to 250 players left ... if the reset takes much longer then
I´d guess we´ll be down to a 100 ... absolutely no comparison to the german version with more than 4.300 players!

Most important would be the very early announcement of the reset date, as then maybe more players will be attracted
to go for or begin with another round. Other browsergames in addition have found a good way to increase competititon
and attract more players when starting new rounds: they install one week of registration-phase where players can
join the game, found alliances, read the documentary and such, before the game truly begins (= buildings and research
cannot be started before this week is through and ressources won´t be consumed / produced before the week is through).
That would allow for a lot of players to simultaneously start into the game instead of the first comes first serves currently
practised.

chrischris
Administrator und
Global Moderator

« am: 16.06.2008 13:10:29 »

First of all, thanks for the input SpaceKnight.

There "first come, first serve" lag is, with regard to building up your colony, eliminated by the generous bonus construction minutes you get after you start. This way, depending on what you build first, you can start e.g. 2:45 hours late and still be as quick as the first user to play in that round. The only thing that truely is a "first come - first serve" is alliance foundation, but a soft opening obviously wouldn't help there (but just move the founding a week ahead).

Also, if you started the game without letting people build or do anything, most of them would not understand (not everyone reads announcements), some would be too impatient, etc. and quit even before the game really begins. Additionally, two versions (the old, and the new one) would have to run simultaneously.

I doubt that all in all this is the best thing for IceWars... (though, it's an interesting idea!). Still, as for the beneftits, a general "test version" on the main IceWars website would probably do the job.
« Letzte Änderung: 16.06.2008 13:16:51 von chrischris » Gespeichert

Problems with my decisions or questions about them? Just send me a private message.
Probleme mit meinen Entscheidungen oder Fragen dazu? Einfach eine private Nachricht schreiben.
SpaceKnight

formerly SpaceKnight

« am: 16.06.2008 13:33:17 »

Truly, maybe a week might be too long, but a few days wouldn´t hurt in my opinion. The bonus construction minutes DO help,
no questions about that, but where research is concerned there is no such thing, as the "researched by XXX players"-bonus
starts with 500, as far as I remember, right?

And I think you underestimate the players readiness to wait a few days before things start in earnest - as written other games
do that and don´t face players immediately quitting again, especially in the reason for the dealy is told ingame - I think a big
message on the starting page would be hard to ignore Wink

About alliance foundation ... as most new players probably will want to join an alliance that is close by, they´d have the time
to communicate after they have seen where their starting colony is ... beeing first alliance is more a morale aspect than affecting
gameplay, I think.

Why would the old version have to be run simultaneously? I though you could reset it and then hold the time counter for a
few days ... ?
« Letzte Änderung: 16.06.2008 13:34:30 von SpaceKnight » Gespeichert

Bursa

« am: 23.06.2008 18:34:50 »

research:
50 person decrease the cost by 5%. the next step is 250 i think. but i didn't encounter that one (maybe the first 50 researchs may got that far, but won't help defending against a zeus)

maybe you need to play this round to understand, what inactivity feals like
Zitat
[18:28] <Teufelchen> even the pingus are inactive...
   Very Happy

SpaceKnight

formerly SpaceKnight

« am: 16.07.2008 15:25:24 »

Question for the staff - will the upcoming reset result in an update to the latest changes to the german version as well? I mean the usage of artifacts and such ... .

Gray
Global Moderator

« am: 16.07.2008 19:34:16 »

Direct hit on one of the two features that most probably won't make it to the English version this time:

- artifacts
- IWSA

The rest should be the same as in the German version.

Seiten: [1]   Nach oben
  Drucken  

Gehe zu: